Because people cannot stop all sources of moisture in their home, ventilation is important.
Carrying out the following steps can help ventilate a property;
- Run kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans more often during the winter to expel hot moist air.
- Open a window in each room for a few minutes daily to keep air circulated.
- Keep Curtains, blinds and shades open, allowing warm air to circulate around the glass.
- Keep lost vents open, because hot air rises and can be released to the outside.
- Make sure your clothes dryer and gas appliances properly vent moisture-ridden air to the outside.